VetConnect 13-Week Small Group Support Training Curriculum
The following are the concepts that will be presented, explored and discussed on the video as a prelude to a guided group discussion.
- Feelings during reintegration: ambivalence, boredom, frustration with “new normal,” claustrophobia
- Loneliness, sense of isolation while processing unusual experiences
- Understanding and grieving losses
- Depression, suicidal issues
- Reinventing relationships with families, civilian culture
- Anger issues and anger management
Click here to see an excerpt from the Session 7 video.
- Hidden wounds
- Forgiveness, forgiven-ness
- Job issues, finances
- Family, children (what they feel, what they need, how changes in parents affect them and the relationship between spouses when reuniting).
- Hope, acceptance of new normal
- Next steps in faith and entering into serving relationships